Monday, September 27, 2010

Magazine Articles

Hello All,
This is amazing but we are going to be in You&Me American Medical Magazine and National Stroke Association Magazine for the next two issues. I have submitted articles and they have been accepted. Thanks again all for all e-mails from those of you that have read our book. We are thrilled with the response that we are getting and hope that we can really help people that have suffered from a stroke and their caregivers!
We have submitted our book to Barnes and Noble and should hear back shortly.
Jan and Brian

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to read the book. I have been doing Pet Therapy for 12 years and, until recently at Saddleback Hospital! The Pet Therapy experiences I have had with many patients have been the most rewarding part of my life and has kept me going when I've been down. I don't know what I would do without those experiences and appreciate you telling your story. Those of us who do Pet Therapy are inspired by stories like yours.

    We stopped visiting at Saddleback because the only place in the hospital that Infection Control would allow us to visit was in ARU (Acute Rehab Unit) and when the ARU unit closed in the Spring that meant the Pet Therapy Program no longer existed at Saddleback Hospital. I understand they needed the beds, etc. , but the archaic notion that the dogs can only visit in one unit means that the people at Saddleback will not have the valuable experience that you had with Therapy and the dogs.

    I'm ordering the book TODAY and will tell our 140 Orange County Pet Therapy teams about it. Even though I'm out of work, I will buy 2 copies and send one to the Infection Control head of Saddleback and Mission Hospitals (the same person, by the way).

    I can't wait to read the book! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete